As you know, KPMG has elected Lynne Doughtie as its next Chairman CEO, the first woman to lead the firm. She is only the second woman to lead a Big 4 accounting firm, the first being Cathy Engelbert, who took the helm at Deloitte just last month.
SO! This is all very exciting. LD will undoubtedly be caught up in the media whirlwind over the next few days and weeks and with her first official day as CEO less than 3 months away, it seems appropriate that we help her get off on the right foot. The best way you can do that is to offer some ideas about what she should do first.
KPMG (disclosure: I used to work there) is a huge firm with many working parts and although I'm sure she has an entire team of people pitching in to help her, it won't hurt for us to get the ball rolling with a not-so-short list of ideas.
- Join Phil and Stacy for 18.
- Spin off the audit business.
- Do something about variable compensation awards.
- Grill last year's Omaha Steaks that are risking freezer burn.
- Write a withering rebuttal to Donna Kassman.
- Have a talk about the randiness going on inside the HoK.
- Order a new "KPMG CEO" license plate for her car.
- Take Mark Weinberger to lunch:
Congratulations and the very best to Lynne Doughtie – the next Chairman and CEO of @KPMG_US
— Mark Weinberger (@Mark_Weinberger) April 21, 2015
Klynveldians will have more, and probably better, ideas. Leave them below.