If you are trying to pick between a choice of Big 4 offers, perhaps you're wondering what makes Deloitte any different from other Big 4 firms. Unfortunately, this infographic from Deloitte isn't going to be much help.
Let's see Deloitte's Top 10 reasons to work for them and not, say, a nearly identical professional services firm that may give the same exact reasons.
1. People/Culture Deloitte has been on Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" list for 15 years
Do you know who else is on the list? Just guess.
What a coincidence!
2. Career Opportunities Opportunities to work across industries and geographies, gain international business skills, foster relationships with professionals around the world, and enrich your career
Well, people don't pursue a life in Big 4 to work out of a secluded closet in Omaha, do they?
3. Innovation Created 10 Innovation Centers Think-tanks, new products and services, breakthrough labs
What the hell does this mean? Accounting students deciding on offers don't care.
4. Power of the Green Dot $14.91 billion in U.S. revenue; 107 offices in 90 cities 65k+ U.S. employees; Leading businesses: Audit, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting, and Financial Advisory Services
It's easier to not think about how much money the firm makes that you have no part in.
5. Learning & Development Deloitte University growing the world’s best leaders: $300M strategic investment 107-acre leadership center 800 guest rooms 50,000 learners annually onsite Interactive & immersive learning environment
We're going to concede to Deloitte here and agree that Deloitte University alone is an excellent reason to work for Deloitte. Not only could you potentially be exposed to leaders roaming the halls like feral cats, but we hear the brisket is second-to-none.
6. Benefits Medical, dental, and vision plan options; Generous paid time off and holidays; Sabbatical program; Maternity and paternity leave; Health and fitness subsidy program; 401(k) plan Deloitte-funded pension plan
Alright well maybe this is another plus after all — except for the medical, dental, parental leave, and 401(k) which every firm offers — as we heard one could use the fitness subsidy to comp an XBox One from Deloitte. Or rather, one used to be able to. So, yeah, never mind.
7. Leadership Development Named by Chief Executive magazine as the #1 Private Company for Leadership Development;New hires come to Deloitte University on average within 34 days at Deloitte
To reiterate: brisket.
8. Work Life Fit We’re among the top 10 on Working Mother magazine’s “100 Best Companies for Working Mothers” list for the sixth consecutive year
EY and PwC also made the Top 10 list, so, yeah.
9. Inclusion Women and minorities account for 66% of our fiscal year 2014 new hires;We’ve committed to doubling the number of veterans we hire; Top 50 Companies for Diversity from 2013 – 2015
Are you implying KPMG is racist? Or EY is sexist? We're pretty sure all Big 4 firms are striving to have more diverse, inclusive workforces.
10. Corporate Citizenship More than 315,000 hours of skills-based volunteering logged in fiscal year 2014; Millions of lives touched — from students to veterans
I adopted out 14 cats last year, you don't see my company bragging about it.
Take a look at the graphic for yourself and please let us know if we've let out any good Deloitte University treats.