“The largest companies are generally served by one of the Big Four firms and I think that’s going to continue to be true and one of the reasons are the needs of that market place, due to the scale of those enterprises.”
~ Deloitte Global CEO Jim Quigley (who must have been making the rounds today) doesn’t see a return to the Big 5.
• Breaking Media, LLC Announces Jonah Bloom, Editor of Advertising Age, Will Join Company as Chief Executive Officer and Editor in Chief – Welcome to Jonah and our new Executive Editor, Matt Creamer! [Breaking Media Press Release]
• Haddrill: We don’t need a Big Five – One man’s opinion. [Accountancy Age]
• S Corporation Basis: Is It Time for an S Corporation Holding Company? – Consider this if you have multiple S-Corps tossing money back in forth. Joe Kristan explains. [Tax Update Blog]
• As Internal Audit Staffs Shrink, Will Fraud Rise? – More with less is a trend everywhere. [CFO]
• Chart of the day, hedonic treadmill edition – For those of you doing the debits and credits at hedge funds, apparently you’re paid the least but happiest with your comp. Who knew it was possible? [Felix Salmon]
• Sarbanes-Oxley for Everyone: To Be or Not To Be? – Check out Francine’s latest contribution to HuffPo. [Huffington Post]