On July 1, 16 new partners got their seats at the big kids table at Citrin Cooperman, while two others got their “New Principal” t-shirts.
“I am pleased to announce this year’s promotions and extend a big congratulations to all of those promoted on their accomplishments,” said Citrin Cooperman CEO Joel Cooperman. “Each individual in this group has been part of our growth and success and exemplifies the high standards that we’ve adhered to over the past 40 years.”
Because new partner promotions at Citrin Cooperman have never graced the hollowed pages of this here website, let’s take a look at how this year’s class compares to others. In 2018, there were only six CCers added to the partnership and two promoted to principal; in 2017, 12 were named partner and one was promoted to principal; and in 2016, 11 CCers were promoted to partner and principal.
Let’s take a look at the class of 2019 by the numbers:
- 11: The number of new partners in tax, the most of any service line, followed by four in audit and one in quality control.
- 6: The number of new partners in New York City, the most of any location, followed by three each in Livingston, NJ, and White Plains, NY.
- 6: The number of new partners who are women, or 38% of the class. In addition, one of the two new principals is a woman.
- 1: The number of new partners with the last name of Ham.
The newly admitted partners include:
- Erin Avnet, tax, Livingston, NJ
- Oren Bossin, audit, New York City
- Harry Carpenter, audit, Livingston, NJ
- Nichol Chiarella, tax, New York City
- Jordan Epstein, audit, New York City
- Phil Gaboury, quality control, Melville, NY
- Robert Gilbert, audit, Livingston, NJ
- Heather Green-Kirk, tax, White Plains, NY
- Ryan Ham, tax, Bethesda, MD
- Dave Hollander, tax, Bethesda, MD
- Patti Iengo, tax, White Plains, NY
- Eric Itzkowitz, tax, New York City
- Heather Oboda, tax, White Plains, NY
- Sharon Sullivan, tax, New York City
- Erick Torres, tax, Melville, NY
- Taso Valaouras, tax, New York City
Promoted to principal were:
- Marilyn Garcia, transaction advisory services, Livingston, NJ
- Kevin Ricci, cybersecurity, Providence, RI
Congrats to all the new partners and principals at Citrin Cooperman!