We know a lot of you are in the dungeon. You’re working at one of the Big 4 or another public accounting firm, chained to your desk for 60 to 80 hours a week, performing menial tasks for clients you’ve never met and never will meet. Your creativity is stifled; your input ignored.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. Through our partners at Accountingfly, we’re dedicated to helping you escape the dungeon. Every quarter, we’ll be putting together a list of the top accounting jobs that exemplify freedom and flexibility–while still maximizing your career potential. Here’s this quarter’s list of the top open accounting industry jobs.
Top remote jobs:
Remote Senior Cloud Bookkeeper
Insite is a Xero-based cloud accounting firm with an incredible team that prioritizes having a life while delivering top client work. This is a great opportunity to come in and become a leader in a growing cloud firm.
- You’ll play a critical part in driving client value for the Insite team
- Experience with accounting desktop and cloud applications: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Xero, ADP, Bill.com
- Experience with onboarding and training clients in cloud applications is ideal
Remote Audit Senior
BHLF is focused on making its firm a positive workplace for in-office workers and remote staff alike. This philosophy ensures it promotes a culture of positivity and respect, while also fostering an environment of continual education and learning.
- A minimum of three years public accounting audit experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA preferred (or working toward CPA)
- Dedicated home office space
- Assertiveness and initiative
- Desire to grow within the firm
Remote Tax Accountant
Gineris & Associates
Gineris is looking to add great accountants and tax professionals to its virtual workforce. It’s looking for applicants who are friendly, competent, and tech-savvy. Experience with Xero and CCH Axcess is a huge plus.
- At least three years of tax preparation experience, having prepared several hundred returns; business entity return preparation experience preferred
- CCH Axcess Tax (or CCH ProSystem fx) experience strongly preferred
- Enrolled Agent (EA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
Top location-specific jobs:
Atlanta – Audit Manager
Submerge yourself in a workplace with creative innovators striving for excellence. Aprio is the 50th-largest CPA firm in the nation and has been honored as the “Best of the Best” accounting and forensic accounting firm by INSIDE Public Accounting. It was recently named one of the Top Places to Work in Atlanta by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Over 25 languages are spoken at Aprio, and 25% of its staff is foreign-born. The firm specializes in eight different industries. As the audit manager, you’ll gain priceless experiences and skills that will help both you and the company grow. Aprio wants you to define its brand positioning, contribute to industry-leading innovation, and help its clients thrive.
- Developed specialties in real estate, manufacturing and distribution, and/or retail
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Master’s degree preferred
- Licensed CPA
- Seven to 10 years of experience working for an accounting firm
Plano (Dallas area) – Tax Manager
Cornwell Jackson seeks a tax manager, with recent public accounting experience, to work with privately held, owner-operated, middle-market companies in a variety of industries. Join its team of professionals where your hard work is appreciated and recognized.
- Recent public accounting experience
- Minimum of seven to 10 years of tax experience, including preparation and review
- Strong communication skills, ability to interact with a broad range of individuals
- Strong professional presence and leadership skills; ability to mentor and develop staff
Lindenhurst, NY – Tax Manager
Emmerman Boyle is a New York City-area cloud accounting firm and Xero Platinum Partner, meaning it has over 500 clients on Xero and a team of over 60 incredible professionals. Its employees are experts in accounting for small business and are passionate about using technology to make business accounting easy and stress free.
- Licensed CPA or EA with five-plus years of experience, preferably with small to midsized businesses
- Strong working knowledge of Xero and add-ons
- Ability to supervise, review, train, and mentor junior staff
Fort Collins, CO – Tax Manager
Platform is a private equity-funded company, run by a group of seasoned accounting, M&A, and marketing professionals–or more simply, by a team of passionate entrepreneurs.
- Eight-plus years of experience preparing and reviewing individual, corporate, partnership, and estate tax returns
- Experience working at a public accounting firm or a large regional firm is a plus
- Master’s degree and CPA/EA certifications required
- Direct experience managing staff a major plus
Want to hear about remote accounting jobs as they become available? Register for our newsletter now:
Need some water-cooler gossip? Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Get our Daily News Roundup in your inbox to stay up-to-date on Accounting gossip.