A lot of us at Going Concern would’ve rather been chained up in the dungeon with Tyrion Lannister instead watching last weekend’s “Game of Thrones” finale.
But we’d prefer just about anything over being trapped in the figurative dungeon of boring, thankless accounting jobs.
Here’s something that’s more omg-so-awesome “Breaking Bad” finale than fade-to-black “Sopranos” finale: a list of the best open accounting jobs. These are jobs where you’ll enjoy flexible working options, real work/life balance, and fewer moments that make you feel like slashing your paperwork to shreds with a Valerian steel sword.
Through our partners at Accountingfly, we’re dedicated to helping you escape the dungeon. Head over to their site now to upload your resume and see more of the best open accounting jobs.
This quarter’s job list is sponsored by Aprio, which is looking for a Tax Experienced Associate in Atlanta (as well as some remote positions) and Advaion, which is hiring Financial Audit Consultants in New York City and Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Top remote accounting jobs:
Remote NetSuite Technical Specialist
Describing itself as “a tech firm that does accounting,” Aprio Cloud (formerly HPC) is looking to hire a Remote NetSuite Technical Specialist.
This is a key role where you’ll be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and managing NetSuite for cloud accounting clients. You’ll support the client onboarding process, provision, configure, and perform data conversions; work with clients to gather requirements for processes, dashboards, KPIs, custom forms, and reporting; create NetSuite bundles and other templates to facilitate rapid deployment; and train staff and clients on how to use various technologies.
The technology platform also includes QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Expensify, Hubdoc, and a host of other add-ons.
- Experience with cloud-based accounting systems.
- NetSuite Administrator Certification (preferred).
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting or computer science (preferred).
- Experience connecting third-party apps to NetSuite and QuickBooks Online (e.g., Expensify, Bill.com, etc.).
- Bookkeeping or accounting experience a plus.
- Experience with Zoom, Slack, and Karbon.
Remote Xero Accountant
Brenner is a rapidly growing firm looking to hire a Remote Xero Accountant and for a number of other accounting jobs. If you’re an expert Xero user, enjoy performing end-to-end accounting, and like working directly with clients, this is the opportunity for you. Brenner is passionate about the future of outsourced accounting and is seeking candidates who exhibit that same passion.
- Mastery of Xero’s automation functions.
- Two-plus years experience championing Xero with clients.
- Two-plus years handling migrations.
- Two-plus years experience providing Xero third-party integration support.
- Three-plus years of cloud-based bookkeeping experience.
- Experience working directly with clients.
- Basic knowledge of income tax preparation.
- A working understanding of the current app ecosystem available to accountants.
Remote Sales and Use Tax Accountant
TaxConnex prides itself in providing clients with the highest level of customer service and professionalism in the sales and use tax outsourcing market. The Remote Sales and Use Tax Accountant position is a fully remote and flexible work arrangement—you decide how many hours you want to work. Sales tax experience and tech experience are NOT required—TaxConnex will train you and provide technical support.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Finance or master’s degree in business administration.
- CPA, CMI, or seven-plus years sales and use tax compliance experience.
- Liability insurance, including errors and omissions and malpractice insurance.
- Dedicated home-office workspace with high-speed internet connection.
- Active office or cellular telephone.
- Laptop with minimum i5 processor, 6GB RAM, 320GB hard drive.
- Printer, scanner, fax machine.
Remote VP of Technical Accounting
Kruze provides CFO consulting to 175-plus startups, and its clients have raised more than $500 million in venture capital in the past 12 months.
As the Vice President of Technical Accounting, you’ll direct and manage all aspects of accounting operations for Kruze Consulting clients. You’ll work closely with the CEO/COO/CFO on each engagement to ensure accuracy, adherence to deadlines, and great client experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in accounting or finance preferred.
- 10-plus years of relative experience.
- Big 4 experience preferred and CPA or qualified CPA track candidate.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, principles, and practices.
- Proven work experience leading large teams (25-plus people).
- Proven work experience leading remote teams.
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics.
- Degree in management or training in team leading is a plus.
- Preferably located in one of the following time zones: Pacific, Mountain, or Central.
- Deep technical experience with: QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Expensify, Gusto, and/or Rippling.
Top location-specific accounting jobs:
New York City and Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – Financial Audit Consultant
Advaion believes it’s possible to be premier consultants and have a life. It’s hard to believe, but it’s really that simple. The financial advisory firm is looking to build its team, and its leadership is committed to helping you grow your career. Your personal success is Advaion’s most important goal.
Advaion is hiring Financial Audit Consultants with public accounting experience in New York City and Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Its staff enjoys serious career development, challenging projects, limited travel, profit share, and bonuses while performing at an incredibly high level.
- Three-plus years of public accounting and/or external/internal audit experience.
- SEC reporting, SOX, and financial audit experience.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
Atlanta – Information Assurance Services, Experienced or Senior Associate
Submerge yourself in a workplace with creative innovators striving for excellence. Aprio is the 50th-largest CPA firm in the nation and has been honored as the “Best of the Best” accounting and forensic accounting firm by INSIDE Public Accounting. It was recently named one of the Top Places to Work in Atlanta by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Over 25 languages are spoken at Aprio, and 25% of its staff is foreign-born. The firm specializes in eight different industries. As an Information Assurance Services Associate, you’ll gain priceless experiences and skills that will help both you and the company grow. Aprio wants you to define its brand positioning, contribute to industry-leading innovation, and help its clients thrive.
- Certified or willingness to become certified within two years of employment.
- Certifications include one or more of the following: CISA, CRISC, CIPP, CISSP, CISM, QSA, ISO/IEC 27001, or PCI ISA.
- Undergraduate degree (required): preferably in MIS/IS or related concentration, minimum 3.3 GPA.
- Graduate degree (preferred): preferably in MIS, IS, or accounting information systems.
- Two to four years relevant accounting jobs work experience.
- Understanding of information technology risks and internal controls.
- Ability to write test procedures and execute tests of controls.
- Understanding of SOC, PCI, ISO, HITRUST, and/or similar information technology control frameworks.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
Atlanta – Tax Experienced Associate
If you want to read about what a great firm Aprio is in general, see the preceding job post.
Aprio’s Tax group provides the opportunity to work and form relationships with middle- to large-sized tax clients. If you prefer accounting jobs where you work with diverse and energetic teams, our Tax Department will be a perfect fit for you to thrive and build your career. As an Associate in Aprio’s Tax Department, a typical day might include: 1) interacting closely with clients to provide tax planning, consulting, and compliance services; and 2) working closely with seniors and managers on delivering innovative tax planning strategies.
• Recent work experience with an accounting firm.
• Two to three years experience in tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting.
• Experience in C corporation and multistate highly preferred.
• Experience in technology/fintech industry preferred.
• Computer expertise, including knowledge of tax software and technology.
• Bachelor’s (four years) degree in accounting.
• Master’s degree in taxation preferred.
Philadelphia – Entry-Level Accountant
Kregel & Company is an atypical accounting firm. It provides clients with a refreshing CPA experience, combining innovative technology with expertise and a deep sense of care. The firm offers accounting services, tax planning, payroll, and business consulting. More importantly, it offers peace of mind and the insights small business owners need to reach their goals.
If you’re looking for an entry-level accounting or bookkeeping job within a purpose-driven group, where you can grow as a person and a professional, check out Kregel.
- One to three years experience in an accounting/bookkeeper role.
- Experience in customer service or a customer-facing role (preferred).
- Diploma or degree in accounting (preferred).
- CPA (preferred).
- Payroll experience (preferred).
- Xero online accounting software experience (preferred).
Manhattan Beach, California – Accounting Manager
Beach Cities Accounting
As Accounting Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading the accounting team and performing hands-on accounting work for Beach Cities Accounting’s clients. You’ll also work to strengthen ongoing operations for strategy and human resources and improve client outcomes.
The Accounting Manager will perform hands-on Controller work, recruit and onboard new clients, expand existing client relationships, manage accounts payable/receivable, account coding of bank feeds, reconcile balance sheets for clients, and manage and recruit top accounting talent for open accounting jobs.
- Proven experience as an accounting manager or a similar relevant role.
- At least five years experience in accounting.
- Experience working with multiple clients.
- Highly proficient with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
- Tech-forward personality and strong interest in learning new technologies.
- Ability to develop client relationships.