Protip: In the classic PC and NES game Maniac Mansion, you can escape the dungeon by pressing a loose brick in the wall. The door only opens for a few seconds though, so you’ll have to hustle to make it out in time.
That’s great advice for video games but pretty useless if you’re stuck in the dungeon of a boring, thankless accounting job. Here’s something that is useful, however: a list of the best accounting job openings. These are jobs where you’ll enjoy flexible working options, real work/life balance, and fewer moments that make you feel like setting your computer on fire and unleashing a blizzard of profanity upon your coworkers.
Through our partners at Accountingfly, we’re dedicated to helping you escape the dungeon. Head over to their site now to upload your resume and see more of the best accounting job openings.
Top remote jobs:
Remote Sales Tax Accountant
TaxButler is looking for a Sales Tax Accountant to help its clients eliminate the hassle and risk of sales tax. As a team member of a growing startup, you’ll work closely with the Filing Manager and Client Onboarding Manager to ensure that sales tax filings are submitted accurately and on time, every time. Reporting to the Founder and Filing Manager, you will use your keen eye and attention to detail to submit sales tax returns, onboard new clients, solve time-critical problems, and continue to help build internal documentation. You are a self-starter, willing to learn on the job, inquisitive, and take ownership and pride over your work. The ideal candidate has experience working remotely, is not afraid to learn new technology, and has some sales tax experience.
- Remote work experience.
- Attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working one-on-one with clients.
- Willing to learn new skills on the job.
- Comfortable with a fast-moving environment, strict deadlines, and/or uncertainty.
Remote Senior Tax Accountant
Monheit Zongolowicz Frisch CPAs (MRZ)
This 47-year-old Arizona-based firm is looking for a Remote Senior Tax Accountant ASAP.
MRZ offers comprehensive wealth management and tax services to a diverse clientele. Its team understands the complex yet vitally important relationship between tax and wealth management. The firm’s knowledge, experience, and strategic approach enables it to truly make a difference in the financial lives of its clients.
- Three to five years experience as a tax accountant in a public accounting firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business.
- CPA, CPA candidate, or EA.
- Experience with estate and trust work with a strong desire to learn more.
- Desire to become an estate and trust subject-matter expert.
- Experience with CCH.
Full Charge Remote Bookkeeper
Accountingprose is a fast-paced cloud accounting service that provides full-cycle accounting and payroll services to some of the most interesting, innovative, and fun small business owners on the planet. They are developers, designers, creatives, gym owners, lawyers, and so much more. The firm has two main locations, Denver and Phoenix, yet clients and employees are located all over the United States. With a focus on interaction and relationship-building, Accountingprose creates a unique experience that is the driving force of its attitude and commitment to team members and clients alike.
- You’re an accounting superhero with a firm grasp of GAAP.
- You’re a “Chatty Cathy” who likes to hop on a call with a client at a moment’s notice.
- You’re a spreadsheet wizard who can easily make sense of lots of information.
- You can adapt to ever-changing technology.
- You’re familiar with Xero, Bill.com, Gusto, Receipt Bank, Hubdoc, and other cloud accounting software.
Top location-specific jobs:
New York City and Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – Financial Audit Consultant
Advaion believes it’s possible to be premier consultants and have a life. It’s hard to believe but it’s really that simple. The financial advisory firm is looking to build its team, and its leadership is committed to helping you grow your career. Your personal success is Advaion’s most important goal.
Advaion is hiring Senior Consultants with public accounting experience in New York City and Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Its staff enjoys serious career development, challenging projects, limited travel, profit share, and bonuses while performing at an incredibly high level.
- Three-plus years of public accounting and/or external/internal audit experience.
- SEC reporting, SOX, and financial audit experience.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
Atlanta – Audit Senior Associate
Submerge yourself in a workplace with creative innovators striving for excellence. Aprio is the 50th-largest CPA firm in the nation and has been honored as the “Best of the Best” accounting and forensic accounting firm by INSIDE Public Accounting. It was recently named one of the Top Places to Work in Atlanta by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Over 25 languages are spoken at Aprio, and 25% of its staff is foreign-born. The firm specializes in eight different industries. As the Audit Senior Associate, you’ll gain priceless experiences and skills that will help both you and the company grow. Aprio wants you to define its brand positioning, contribute to industry-leading innovation, and help its clients thrive.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in accounting (master’s preferred).
- Licensed CPA preferred.
- Three to five years of experience working for a public accounting firm.
- Developed specialties in manufacturing and/or technology.
- Understanding and applying Excel skills.
- Successfully using CaseWare or other audit software.
Philadelphia – Accountant
Kregel & Company is an atypical accounting firm. It provides clients with a refreshing CPA experience, combining innovative technology with expertise and a deep sense of care. The firm offers accounting services, tax planning, payroll, and business consulting. More importantly, it provides peace of mind and the insights small business owners need to reach their goals.
If you’re looking for an accounting/cloud bookkeeping role with a purpose-driven group, where you can grow as a person and a professional, check out Kregel.
- Accounting role experience.
- Desire to work at a startup.
- Experience and interest in financial software tools.
- Customer service or a customer-facing role experience.
- Diploma or degree in accounting (CPA an asset).
- Business tax return experience.