So say the folks at recruiting firm CyberCoders, so plan your career accordingly:
In 2018, the CyberCoders data shows that the most in-demand accounting and finance position is financial advisor, with an average salary of $85,860, followed by loan officer at $68,000 and tax supervisor with an average salary of $96,944.
The job of financial advisor had a 12.8% growth increase, loan officer 11.7%, and tax supervisor 5.9%. Rounding out the top five are staff auditor and director of accounting, both at 5.4%.
CyberCoders put this list together after analyzing more than 400,000 data points from proprietary placement and jobs data from 2014-18.
Here is the full list, which includes job title, average annual salary, and % growth increase:
- Financial advisor, $85,860, 12.8%
- Loan officer, $68,000, 11.7%
- Tax supervisor, $96,944, 5.9%
- Staff auditor, $64,209, 5.4%
- Director of accounting, $129,606, 5.4%
- Underwriter, $84,297, 4.6%
- Accountant, $67,072, 3.8%
- Staff accountant, $58,427, 3.7%
- Mortgage processor, $54,541, 3.6%
- Accounting manager, $87,653, 3.4%
Direct endorsement underwriter was the top accounting job last fall, according to CyberCoders, followed by audit manager, audit senior, tax senior, and tax manager.