Yesterday Ernst & Young announced the addition of six new M&A and PE professionals to its Transaction Advisory Services practice. It appears that all these professionals were special enough to warrant a press release, however, not specialy enough that it warranted their own individual press releases. Undoubtedly this will become a point of ridicule amongst their peers, however, it appears that they are all well-qualified, competent indviduals that will make fine additions to Chez Turley.
- Orlan Boston -- Picked up from Deloitte Consulting; joining Life Sciences/Operational TS.
- Steven McLeighton -- Legal Entity Rationalization Practice; joins after 20 years at KPMG.
- Ben Pickering -- Restructuring Advisory Services; comes "a boutique restructuring firm in the US" and was also a partner in a restructuring group of a Big 4 firm.
- Thomas Taylor -- new co-leader of E&Y's newly formed Private Equity Value Creation Advisory Group; comes from JLL Partners.
- Giri Varadarajan -- the other co-leader of PEVCA; comes from Deloitte Consulting.
- Simon Western -- Financial Services sector leader of E&Y Capital Advisors; he ditched Nomura Securities.