By using Going Concern you are agreeing that you will abide by the terms of the following User Agreement, which you can find here, and the Community Guidelines below. This User Agreement is between you and Going Concern ("The Website") which is operated by Sift Media, U.S. (collectively, "We" "Us" or the "Company") and it governs your access to and use of the services, websites, and applications offered by Us. Your access to and use of the Website is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with this agreement.
- Anything you post on Going Concern is public. Eliminate any discomfort you may have with the fact that anyone will be able to view anything you post here before publishing.
- You should not post any content or use our service to do anything illegal or malicious.
- If it turns out any of your content or use is illegal or malicious, We are not responsible -- you are responsible.
- Please do not hack, attack, or copy Going Concern or our services.
- While we wouldn't do it without good reason, ultimately we may remove your content or terminate or suspend your account at our discretion.
- If disputes arise between you and anyone other than Going Concern, we have no obligation to participate or assist either party.
- Going Concern is not a place to advertise or promote your own services. Similarly, please refrain from posting questions such as "What do you think of my company/website?"
- Answers and comments must not include self-promotional content.
- Members who post information about their own company/business in Going Concern or within the comments posts unnecessarily will have their content removed without warning. A ban from the site may follow.
- Discriminatory comments about gender, age, race, religion, sexual preference, physical or mental disability, or any other derogatory or personal attacks will not be tolerated, and any attempts by members to provoke another member on these grounds will result in a temporary ban and the comment being removed.
- Stay on topic. Off-topic comments will be deleted.
- Consider the tone of your postings when you write them and understand that interpretation of the written word can be subjective. You could offend someone without meaning to if they misinterpret your tone. Be mindful of this before you click 'submit'.
- When we remove a post on the site, or an entire thread, we reserve the right to do so without notice or explanation.
We will deem, at our sole discretion, if a comment or posting violates our community guidelines and therefore needs to be edited or removed from the site.
Sometimes it may be necessary to remove an entire thread or conversation. We will only do this in the most extreme cases in order to preserve the flow of conversation on the site.
Members who continue to violate community guidelines will incur a temporary ban on their ability to contribute or comment on Going Concern. Members who are welcomed back after a temporary ban will be expected to post within the guidelines as stated here. Failure to do so will result in a permanent ban.
We are willing, but under no obligation, to review permanent bans after six months. Each case will be assessed individually and no precedence will apply.
We promise to respond to member queries and requests reasonably and responsibly but ask that our members allow us reasonable time to deal with each request - some things may take us longer to investigate.
Allowing our users to publish content, in addition to comments, is a great way for members of the community to showcase knowledge and experience. Open Items allows registered users to publish blog posts covering a wide variety of areas and for other members of the community to respond and comment. Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind if you want to participate as an contributor to Open Items:
- Even if you choose to create an anonymous account, you are still agreeing to all of these Community Guidelines.
- Carefully select your username. Your username is no place to attack or impersonate others.
- You may not use false information or an account owned or controlled by another person with the intent to mislead other users maliciously by impersonating that person or for any other reason; use as a User ID a name subject to any rights of a person other than yourself without appropriate authorization or in violation of our Community Guidelines; or otherwise submit false or misleading information to the Company.
- Keep your posts relevant - They must be on-topic for their respective sections.
- Do not self-promote - Similar to the rest of the site, the rules regarding promotion and advertising still apply in Open Items. Any self-promotional content will be removed without notice.
- You should only produce content that you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms, and that does not violate any third-party's rights of any kind. That means making sure you own the rights to anything you post including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, or publicity rights.
- You are solely responsible for your posts on Open Items, for any content you submit to us, any interactions with other Going Concern or Open Items users, and for any consequences thereof. Content you submit will be viewable by other users of the Site and through third party services and websites.
- We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users and commenters. We shall have no liability for your interactions with other users, commenter, or for any user's action or inaction.
We want to make Going Concern a safe, professional and interesting place for you to ask questions, engage in conversations, and make comments.Where possible, we promise to protect the anonymity of those members who prefer to remain anonymous on Going Concern. However, we reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) to the proper authorities or interested parties in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message or other content posted by you or where such information is otherwise relevant.