HORNE is a decidedly different CPA and business advisory firm that is changing expectations about accounting. Clients trust us to meet their needs with foresight, straight talk and collaboration. Our team members set out each day to challenge the mainstays of public accounting and build the Wise Firm. Join us on the journey!
Tax Supervisor, HORNE Wealth Strategies
FORWARD THINKING: EMPOWERED PEOPLE: MAKE AN IMPACT
Tax Supervisors are responsible for preparing more complex tax returns with little assistance. Supervisors will assist interns, associates, and senior associates with technical and software issues. Supervisors will begin to review more complicated tax returns. Supervisors will communicate with clients regularly and build client relationships. Supervisors will be proficient in tax research and be able to properly document and cite findings.
Job Requirements, Tax Supervisor, HORNE Wealth Strategies
- Assumes full responsibility for supervising projects and special assignments using established Firm policies and procedures.
- Develops relationships with clients and provides high quality client service. Adding value to clients’ businesses is an integral part of the job requirements. Begins to learn cross-selling opportunities and refer those opportunities to more qualified professionals.
- Coordinates various phases of tax return preparation, budgets time, monitors actual performance against budget, prepares complex tax returns and reviews working papers for accuracy and completeness on less complex projects.
- Identify tax issues and planning opportunities as they arise and communicate to Manager, Senior Manager or Partner.
- Provides supervision and on-the-job training to staff.
- Assigns work to staff members based on their knowledge and capabilities.
- Supports training of staff members, offers guidance and direction, gives constructive criticism of working papers.
- Ensures that working papers, tax returns, and other client deliverables are accurate and prepared in accordance with professional and Firm standards.
- Communicates project’s progress, problems, resolutions, tax activity and other business concerns to Managers, Senior Managers, or Partners.
- Assists in recruiting entry-level and experienced staff by serving as “greeters” for on-campus interviews and such other recruiting duties as needed and attend Beta Alpha Psi events, career days, and functions at colleges and universities sponsored by the Firm.
- Accepts responsibility for accuracy of data entry, accumulation, and maintenance in all aspects of what we do as an accounting and consulting Firm.
- Learns through Performance Advisor or direct Supervisor proper delegation and management of workload and demonstrates ability to properly delegate and manage workload.
Other Responsibilities for Tax Supervisor, HORNE Wealth Strategies:
- Participates in Firm’s practice development efforts including expanding services to clients.
- Understands the Firm’s business on a day to day basis: billings and collections, proper utilization of staff, Firm policies and procedures, etc.
- Participates in Full Potential Development Program and serves as new hire buddy.
- Assumes individual responsibility to learn all new technology introduced by the Firm as appropriate for service/practice area.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
Career Track Guidelines for Tax Supervisor, HORNE Wealth Strategies:
- Performs all duties described above
- Develop technical proficiency and competence
- Work effectively as part of a client service team
- Contribute to positive work environment by assisting other Associates and Interns
- Gain thorough understanding of HORNE’s existing clients and develop rapport with those clients
- Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate business etiquette, including proper dress and business correspondence
- Seek to learn through training and individual study
- Participate in Full Potential Development Program and Firm recruiting activities
- Actively participate in HORNE community involvement programs
Required Experience and Educations for Tax Supervisor, HORNE Wealth Strategies:
- Four (4) to five (5) years’ tax experience in public accounting or consulting, demonstrating a progression in complexity and number of projects managed.
- Experience with partnerships, estates and trusts is strongly preferred Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, or degree appropriate to practice area is required
- Current and valid CPA license is required
- If CPA, must be a member in good standing with the AICPA and respective state societies
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software, or software appropriate to practice group. Experience with CCH ProSystemfx or * * CCH Axcess is strongly preferred
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://hornellp-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=306&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992299&company_id=17182&version=1&byBusinessUnit=NULL&bycountry=0&bystate=0&byRegion=NULL&bylocation=NULL&keywords=&byCat=36328&proximityCountry=&postalCode=&radiusDistance=&isKilometers=&tosearch=yes&city=?utm_source=applylinkfromaccountingfly →