Murray, Stok & Company was founded in 1991 offering services to clients in three main areas--tax planning and preparation; accounting and bookkeeping services; and Management Consulting Services (MCS). At Murray, Stok & Company, we take care to balance the needs of clients with the needs of our employees. As a result, we have built a robust tax firm that is also a pleasant place to work.
An energetic and growing CPA firm seeks an experienced Senior Tax Accountant who is tech-savvy and proficient using CCH ProSystem. Apply today, if you’re comfortable working in a paperless environment and want to join our team of professionals!
Responsibilities for Senior Tax Accountant:
- Complete individual, corporate and flow through entity tax returns
- Assure compliance with federal, state and local tax laws and regulations
- Conduct research and planning according to applicable tax laws and regulations
- Minimize tax liability through sound and informed application of laws and regulations
- Supervise tax associates; workpaper/tax return review
- Provide assistance during tax audits
- Respond to notices from tax authorities
Qualifications for Senior Tax Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3-5 years experience in tax accounting
- CPA license and/or tax preparer certification required (EA, or Registered Tax Preparer).
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, database applications and enterprise resource planning systems.
- Knowledge and experience with CCH ProSystem fx Tax and other CCH products preferred.
- Strong technology skills with general aptitude for computer software applications, scanners and printers
- Motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Can learn quickly and adapt to different working styles
- Resourceful with ability to handle deadline pressure
- Have ability to work at a fast pace
- Strong multi-tasking skills are essential
- Enthusiastic about helping out in a broad range of areas
- Team player
- Experience in a professional office environment
Benefits (just to name a few):
- Business casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Health, dental, vision plans
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://app.accountingfly.com/application-step1?job=55d25d04d63ae772e19d9d03&utm_source=gcgigs&rx_source=gcgigs →