Blue Cross Blue Shield Tennessee
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is the largest health benefit plan company in Tennessee.
The position will be responsible for timely preparation and analysis of schedules utilized in the preparation of income tax returns and related GAAP and statutory financial reporting.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze accounting processes related to tax
- Perform special projects and research as needed
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare and post journal entries to the general ledger system
- Prepare schedules used in the preparation of the consolidated federal income tax return; state income/franchise tax returns for multi-state companies; and federal not-for- profit tax returns
- Prepare schedules used in preparation of tax provision for interim and annual financial statements pursuant to GAAP and statutory accounting standards including footnote disclosures to the GAAP and statutory financial statements
- Prepare schedules used in calculating quarterly estimated tax payments and annual tax return extensions
- Maintain tax depreciation system and prepare work papers for multiple companies
- Researches and analyzes accounting transactions. Addresses the technical applicability, implements adherence to the guidance and assists others in implementing and understanding tax accounting guidance
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a tax role of a corporate tax department or 2 years’ experience in a public accounting firm required
- Solid PC skills with spreadsheet emphasis
- Must possess careful attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and meet reporting deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with both internal and external customers (i.e. BCBSA Association, regulatory authorities, internal and external auditors)
- Ability to comprehend and produce written technical communication
- Basic understanding of financial/accounting theory
- Basic knowledge and application of federal and multi-state tax laws, regulations and procedures involved in various types of federal and state taxation
- Basic tax research experience utilizing internet resources and on-line tax databases (e.g. RIA Checkpoint, BNA, CCH)
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://goingconcern.breezy.hr/p/8d5567870e70?utm_source=gcgigs&rx_source=gcgigs →