FloQast is a fast growing, Los Angeles-based startup redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market; our only "competitors” have built for the enterprise. Some clients you may know are Indeed, Zillow, GrubHub and the Golden State Warriors. We are fanatics about the success of our customers.
Fueled by Passion, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation
FloQast is an early stage, Los Angeles-based SaaS company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. Our fresh approach to the accounting close process represents a massive opportunity to dramatically improve the day to day lives of accountants and their teams, saving countless hours, days, and in some cases weeks of their time. Fueled by Passion, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation, FloQast aims to create a rich and diverse culture of support and success for all employees!
FloQast is looking for a detail-oriented and dynamic senior general ledger accountant to join its growing team in Los Angeles, CA. This position requires excellent communication, an ability to think critically and creatively, attention to detail, a team-oriented attitude and a love of accounting.
- Revenue Recognition: Review customer contracts, maintain deferred revenue system, reconcile deferred revenue
- Deferred commissions: Record contract acquisition costs in accordance with ASC-606
- Month end: Prepare standard journals and accruals; review entries made by staff
- Tax / Compliance: Assist with tax and statutory filings.
- Financial Systems:Use, administer, and implement internal financial systems from time to time, including Expensify, FloQast, NetSuite, Salesforce, Xactly, Accrualify et. al.
- Reporting: Prepare and maintain year end financials and footnotes
- Audit: Interface with external auditors
- Any other accounting related responsibilities may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualities and Skills:
- 2 years’ experience in public accounting at a national firm; 2 years’ experience in an accounting department
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Team player attitude
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Commitment to self-improvement and success
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- CPA, or CPA candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
Why join FloQast?
- FloQast is a fast growing, Los Angeles-based, early-stage company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed.
- Our growth and success is fueled by a passion to define and dominate the Close Management Software market.
- We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market.
- Our prospects have been hungry for a solution like FloQast for years and the response to our solution has been overwhelmingly positive.
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees. Check out what people are saying on Glassdoor
- We are moving quickly and there is huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- Ranked 18th on the 2017 Best Places to Work by LA Business Journa