Website Sykes & Company
We're the best in our field and seek to work with talented bookkeepers who embrace technology and thrive on serving business clients.
Sykes & Company is looking to hire a Remote Bookkeeper to join our growing team.
- Are you a bookkeeping expert and passionate about serving business clients through technology, such as QBO and Hubdoc?
- Would you like to work for an industry leading firm that adopted cloud technology years ago and is committed to developing its people?
Sykes & Company: We were Cloud before Cloud was Cool!
- For over 35 years, we’ve been working with independent pharmacy owners on all aspects of their accounting – from the pharmacy business to their individual taxes. Our culture is devoted to our clients and to delivering precise, trustworthy answers. We’re a technologically advanced firm, from our daily video meetings with clients across the U.S. to our use of cloud-based accounting solutions.
- Sykes & Company, P.A. is dedicated to providing proactive, high value information; this, combined with responsive first class service, allows clients time to focus on enhancing relationships with their customers, growing their business and improving their quality of life.
About the Remote Bookkeeper role:
- We are looking for the right people to join our dynamic team and support our rapid growth. You are the Bookkeeping Expert we are Looking for if…
- You are a dynamic, positive, decisive team player who is passionate about small business.
- You support the success of others while helping multiple clients reach benchmarks and achieve their financial goals through dependability and acute attention to detail that result in accurate financial statements.
- You love problem solving and have exceptional communication skills that demonstrate phone presence while instilling confidence in small business owners.
- You have initiative, as well as demonstrated success and customer service is key to your success.
- You are inspired, enthusiastic, motivated and above all – ready to learn, grow and push yourself to achieve more through continuous self-improvement.
What we’re looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Willingness to learn, show initiative and be a positive “team player”
- Ability to build relationships with clients
- Proactive – Looking for opportunities for clients.
- Positive and happy attitude
- Highest standard of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism
- Excellent time management skills
- Maintained multiple QuickBooks files for multiple companies
- Efficient typing skills
- Professional phone etiquette
- Excellent writing and editing skills
The daily contributions you’ll be making to our clients:
- Maintain accounting records using QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online
- Request, record, save and send required client information
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Manage all aspects of the General Ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Enter data, maintain records
- Process accounts receivable/payable
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts and perform account analysis on assets and liability accounts.
- Book journal entries as needed
- Book journal entry for outside payroll
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Maintain customer list, vendor list, employee list, chart of accounts
- Prepare financial reports and work papers by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Communicate with supervisor to properly post transactions
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Make suggestions to management on bookkeeping policies and procedures.
The following are MUST HAVE requirements for our Remote Bookkeeper
- Three or more years’ experience using QuickBooks Online (not Desktop)
- Experience using accounting systems including: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, HubDoc, Receipt Bank
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Preferred: Certified in Quickbooks Online
We want you to know what our team is saying about working here, so we asked a few of our team members what they like best:
“What I like best about working at Sykes & Company is the variety and change – the opportunities to use different technologies. My job is ever growing, always moving.”
“I love working with these people and the clients we help. There’s definitely a culture of doing things the right way and putting the clients’ needs first.”
“I love that we don’t have a lot of turnover. Everybody works really hard to take care of our clients’ needs. We’re innovative and we’re growing. We try to be very professional in what we do and be on the cutting edge, instead of just being a typical CPA firm. That’s given the opportunity for people to grow.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://app.accountingfly.com/p/sykes/job/5a5e5663d63ae70aa7d3ca97.job?utm_source=gcgigs&rx_source=gcgigs →