Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
Be part of a winning team. BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee could be the place for you!
This position’s primary responsibilities are to direct and manage the information technology (IT) audit activities and resources. This includes coordinating, scheduling and monitoring the completion of IT audits (as specified in the annual audit plan); leading audit staff in completion of their assignments; overseeing audit testing; detail reviewing audit workpapers and reports; performing complex information systems audits, risk assessments, and other special reviews; and participating in project teams responsible for implementation of information systems initiatives.*
In addition to the principal functions listed below, the IT Audit Manager must have a strong understanding of the internal audit process as established by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), and internal control concepts regarding application controls, system interfaces, physical and logical security, separation of duties, business continuity and disaster recovery, and change controls.
Job Duties & Responsibilities for IT Audit Manager:
- Leads IT auditors in the completion of assigned portions of the annual corporate risk assessment process to identify key business risks in preparation of annual Audit Plan.
- Schedules and coordinates work for multiple IT audits, projects, risk assessments and special reviews requested by management.
- Coordinates the execution of data analytics and data mining efforts to facilitate a robust continuous auditing program within the department.
- Leads IT audit staff in completion of audits and detail reviews the supporting audit workpapers and audit reports.
- Assists in making oral presentations to employees and management during and at the conclusion of the audits, discussing findings, recommending corrective actions and suggesting control improvements.
- Supervises department staff working on information systems audits, including providing periodic feedback, annual performance evaluations, and recommendations on salaries and promotions.
- Recruits and hires high quality staff to perform IT Audit activities.
- Participates in information systems project teams to assist in implementation of corporate initiatives in compliance with the Company’s internal control requirements.
- Stays abreast of changes in the current business environment and changes in audit requirements for specific areas of the Company and keeps management informed of those changes.
- Stays abreast of current internal auditing techniques and trends and works with management to continually enhance the IT audit process.
- Continually updates skills and knowledge through day-to-day work, research, and continuing education and training and provides appropriate training opportunities for IT audit staff and seniors.
- Monitors issues in TeamCentral to ensure timely follow-up is being performed on all outstanding audit and risk assessment issues.
Job Qualifications for IT Audit Manager:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent, relevant work experience required.
- 8 years of information systems auditing or other relevant experience required.
- Experience leading people in completing assigned projects is preferred.
- CISA and/or CISSP is required. Continued strong desire to obtain additional credential(s) is favored.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable effective communication with staff to senior executives.
- General to expert knowledge of networking, client/server, Internet, mainframe, Windows, UNIX, and/or database technologies.
- Knowledge of BCBST computer applications and operations are a plus.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://app.accountingfly.com/p/bluecrossblueshieldoftennessee/job/5a67745fd63ae71e37df11ec.job?utm_source=gcgigs&rx_source=gcgigs →